Friday, February 8, 2013

YOLO (the truth about it)

yoda, yolo, star wars
This made me laugh!!

Oh Dear. How many times have we heard that phrase? It is true though, we do live only once (on this earth anyway!). But should we let that little phrase be the excuse to cater to our every whim?

We have the wrong idea I think. What purpose did God create us for? To glorify Him! Not ourselves.

Instead of thinking "how can I live for myself today?", we need to be asking "what great (little) thing does God want me to accomplish today?". We need to be looking for opportunities to minister to others! We need to preach the whole gospel to every person we see, not in word but in deed! (1 John 3:18) Meaning: with the little things.

You don't have to know your theology perfectly (I certainly don't!!).You don't even have to be involved in a ministry at church! You don't need any talents. You only need the love of Jesus in you. 
Jesus by Akiane

Beautiful picture of Jesus by Akiane

I challenge you to step up and do the little things! If you work in a fast food place, ask the customer how their day went while you're waiting for the order, you'll be surprised the kinds of conversations that will start!
If you are the customer, ask your cashier how work is going! While you're walking past a neighbor, stop and have a little chat. 


If someone's having a rough time and you know it, offer to pray for them as God brings them to mind, especially if you don't know them! Be bold! Romans 8:28 "If God is with us, than who can be against us?" Don't be afraid to reach out and love someone. I promise they won't reject it (unless they think you're a creeper... ;D ), everyone craves love. And if they're grouchy, it just means they need it all the more! You could be the one that completely changes their perspective on well...life.

SMILING is a big one! A little smile will brighten anyone's day!
Pinned Image
Awwwww <3

You've probably noticed my "little" theme by now! I have a few reasons: 
-I'm a little person..lol :D  
-It's much less daunting to start with the little stuff!  
-Luke 16:10 "If you are faithful in little, I will make you faithful in much!"  
-Sometimes the littlest things can have the largest impact!  
-1 Cor. 13:1-3 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love...it profits me nothing."

It's never too late to start, start now! (Go wash the dishes for your mom!!! :D ) Better yet, tell me about your stories, I want to hear them, all of them! Comment or Tweet me @elisewiddis, I would LOVE to hear from you!

XOXOXO,






No comments:

Post a Comment