Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Life As a Blonde...

Have you ever ruined a precious slushie from Speedway because you accidently bicycled into a garage door? Of course not. This is my life. The life of a blonde.

On a hot sweaty day last summer I decided to go on a bike ride down the street to get an icy cold slushie! By the time I got to Speedway I was dripping! I walked to the machine and got what I usually did; a 44 oz. cup filled with 1/4 coke (on the bottom), and 3/4 cherry on top! 
Yummm :D

I then started the sizzling ride home, little did I know how much worse it would become...

I decided to drop by a friends house for a chat ( mistake of my life.) There was a bit of a hill down their street, so I picked up speed. The driveway was at the end of the hill...
Not quite that big, lol 

Halfway up the driveway I realized my fatal mistake: the brake on my right handle was broken, and I was holding my slushie in my left hand. No brakes. I'm heading straight for the garage door.
(Don't worry, it wasn't that pretty!)

Being the blonde that I am, I have only one thought. Do I aim for the garage door or the woodpile next to it? Which would be less painful?? 

I decided the garage door would hurt less. SPLAT!! Yup, head on, ouch. Both me and the garage door ended up with a dent!
lolol.
(like that, but with a garage door)

Not only was that embarrassing and hilarious by itself, but guess who was at my house when I got back? Three cute boys that saw the bright red spot on my head and just had to hear the story!
(these guys are definitely cuter than they were)

 I was later asked why I did not just drop my slushie? Honestly the thought never entered my blonde brain!

You will be happy to hear that I have recovered since then! Have I learned my lesson? No. I still do stupid blonde things that get me hurt! But I also laugh a lot.....afterwards :D

XOXOXO,
Tell me your blonde stories! Comment or Tweet me @elisewiddis

11 comments:

  1. You. Are. Hilarious. See! I told you!!! You do have the writing genes in you! Also, I'm watching the 1980 P&P, so far I love it. And I caught up w the Lizzie Bennet Diaries...and they are amazing...but I'm so depressed bc there are no vids til every Monday so I have to waaaaaaaaaaaait..... and I'm blogging about my depressing life. Will be done sometime tonight. <3 love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have new LBD videos on Thursdays too! :) Tomorrow! :)

      Delete
  2. Awwwww thanks!! I think I am getting the hang of it! :D You poor baby :'( Hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have run into a parked car on my roller skates as a kid. I misjudged my speed and ended up with car paint on my teeth. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo that must have hurt!! I can't say I've ever done that! Pardon me if I laugh a little... :D

      Delete
    2. :) It did and was super embarrassing since I did it in front of my friends. *blush* But those are the moments that keep us humble. ;)

      Delete
    3. Awww, you poor thing!! That is true though! :D

      Delete
  4. Putting your FEET down might've helped too... I have had one bike accident, and they was because I was delivering papers on a (really stupid) boy's BMX bike that had handle bars way up here, and the seat tilted so it was pointing up almost like this /. Supposedly to make it look cool. :P

    You and Little Lady just have major biking skills, and those garage doors and mailboxes just need to learn to MOVE when they see you guys coming. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, yup, that's blonde! I am one myself, so. :D The other day I handed the librarian my student ID card...and when she said it wasn't my library card, I insisted it was -- just that my picture had been taken before I got contacts. And then it hit me -- it's not a library card. >.< Blonde moment for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, that's amazing! I haven't done that one yet! shoot...I probably just jinxed myself...lol :D

      Delete