Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Knight in Shining Armour

The guys who read this post will find it ridiculous, but I'm sure you ladies can relate!

As a girl gets older, she starts thinking along the lines of "I wish I had a boyfriend...or a husband, just someone to take care of me."
I had been immune to this for a long time, to me, relationships were a bother. The past year or so...not so much!

A few weeks ago I found myself complaining to God:
 "God, you just don't understand. I know that you can fill my emotional and spiritual needs, but you can't take care of my physical needs. Are you going to clean the snow off my car? What if my car breaks down? Or I get stuck in a snow bank? Or...some guy tries to kidnap me?! I know you CAN show up physically, but I totally know you're not going to. I love you, but it's just not enough."

Well let me tell you what, He had a few things He wanted to teach me! These things happened in short succession:

1) I was at a coffee shop for a few hours, went to start my car and it had more than a few inches of snow on it. I grab my snow scraper, and as I go to brush off the car, a total stranger rushes out. "Hey, let me do that for you, you shouldn't have to." He took the snow brush  right out of my hands and did it himself!

2) 6:30am, I get stuck in my driveway. "See God?! What'd I tell you? I'm stuck! Are you going to come rescue me? I guess not." I hop out of my car and look at it in despair. No brothers home. Dad's on a business trip. The neighbor guy (the nice one anyway) is gone. Arrrghhh. A voice came out of nowhere "excuse me miss? Can I help you? Would you like me to give your car a push?" I startle, then turn around. I'm thinking "what the heck? This is creepy...where did he come from? Hopefully he won't murder me..." So yeah, he pushed my car out and went on his merry way!

3) Today I was stuck in a friends driveway, yeah I know...I have a thing with driveways. Well my dear friend tried to dig me out, didn't work. We start walking back to the house, when I decide to turn back and grab my coat. I get to the car and hear a guy call "hey! Are you stuck? Want me to pull you out?" I look up to see a guy in a Jeep. "Um...yeah, really?! Thank you, that would be amazing!" He latches the hook onto my car, pulled it out of the driveway/ditch and said "lucky I came along at the right moment!" No, it wasn't luck, it was God!

So as you can see, God not only provides for our spiritual and emotional well being, but also for the physical! Never doubt He can take care of everything you need! Never again will I feel like I NEED a boyfriend or husband. If God chooses to bless me with one, so be it. If not, I will be content with everything He sees fit to give me. He is my true Knight in Shining Armour. 

He is more than enough!

XOXOXO,


Random fact #10- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Ok, seriously? Who sits around trying to figure that out anyway?! lol)

Comment below, or Tweet me @elisewiddis

6 comments:

  1. I tried to enter a great comment...it deleted it. Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the thought that counts! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got goose bumps reading this! Yea God!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is pretty amazing isn't He?? :D

    ReplyDelete