Sunday, February 3, 2013

Book Review: Fairest Beauty

Fairest Beauty

Story written by Melanie Dickerson
Published by Zondervan



Description:

A DARING RESCUE. A difficult choice. Sophie desperately wants to get away from her stepmother's jealousy, and believes escape is her only chance to be happy. Then a young man named Gabe arrives from Hagenheim Castle, claiming she is betrothed to his older brother, and everything twists upside down. This could be Sophie's one chance at freedom...but can she trust another person to keep her safe? Gabe defied his parents Rose and Wilhelm by going to find Sophie, and now he believes they had a right to worry: the girl's inner and outer beauty has enchanted him. Though romance is impossible,she is his brother's future wife, and Gabe himself is betrothed to someone else,he promises himself he will see the mission through, no matter what. When the pair flee to the Cottage of the Seven, they find help,but also find their feelings for each other have grown. Now both must not only protect each other from the dangers around them...they must also protect their hearts.

My Review:

I have always loved FAIRYTALES. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be a princess swept away by a dashing prince! The way Melanie writes, she makes me believe my dreams can become reality

This book was a thrill to read! I especially loved the tentative relationship between Sophie & Gabe, it was precious! All of the characters were amazing; the "good" characters are real and lovable, yet completely human (along with the flaws, but doesn't that make them all the better??). The "bad" characters are welll....EVIL. And terrifying! But they also show a redeeming quality. Unfortunately the evil queen did not turn from her wicked ways before reaching a dreadful end, though the choice of another lifestyle was always there waiting for her. Just like us, there's always an alternative, no matter how far we've gone we can still choose CHRIST. It says in Mark 2:17 "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but the sinners.'" NIV Translation.

Was there anything I didn't like?? Not knowing what happens to Valten! Of course we'll find that out when we read the sequel: The Captive Maiden (CAN'T WAIT!!)

I rate this book a 9!

PLEASE feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear what you have to say about this book, tweet me @elisewiddis.

XOXOXO,

5 comments:

  1. Of course, I absolutely ADORE your review because you are so cute!!!! <3 Great first blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good review! :) I want to read this book at some point. You said you love fairytales...have you ever read "Bella at Midnight" by Diane Stanley? It is by far one of my most favourite books ever. Truly, it is amazingly good, and I've read it over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!!
      No I haven't read that one yet! I keep seeing it on the shelf at the library, but I wasn't sure if it was good! I will definitely pick it up the next time I'm there! (which will def be soon!) Can't wait to read it!
      Oh, have you read any books by Cameron Dokey?? She does a bunch of fairytale books, all with a different twist! Robin McKinley is good too! :D Thanks for reading my Blog!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, it is definitely good! I hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it :)
      No, I haven't, but I will have to check out her books, as well as Robin McKinley. Thank you for the suggestions!

      Delete
  3. I'm sure I'll love it!
    You're welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete