Thursday, March 27, 2014

Count it All Joy

We are either waiting for the Lord to bless us in some way, or we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.
He gives, and takes away (Deut. 32:39, Job 1:21). Learn to Enjoy the blessings (James 1:17), and praise God through every trial (1 Peter 1:6-7).

"For I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13

Are you going through trials right now? Take heart; "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31
Read also Matthew 6:25-34 for further encouragement! God provides for our every need!

Are you feeling blessed at this time of your life? Don't wait for the other shoe to drop. Do you think God is some kind of bully that when He sees you enjoying life, He wants to ruin it? He's not! He enjoys giving good gifts to His children (Matthew 7:11)! Make sure you give God the credit.

Blessings and trials are not always what you expect them to be. 

Do not look at your neighbor and think "oh he/she has it so much better than I do!" They may be prospering financially, but is their family walking with the Lord? Maybe they have lost a loved one, or have dealt with sickness and disease.

So many look at finances and think God is not blessing them, that He doesn't love them dearly. That is not so! Look at your life, look for the blessings! Do you have a family that loves you? Do you have friends that build you up? Does your church feel like home? If so, consider yourself rich indeed!

Can financial success be a blessing from the Lord? Yes. Is it the only or the best blessing from Him? No. In fact, it is the least.

It is so easy in the midst of hardship to forget the countless blessings God has already given us. I've started a "blessings jar" to remind myself. I keep a notepad beside it, and every time God blesses me I write it down (the date as well!) and place it in the jar. I encourage you to give it a try!

Be content in trials and blessings, but look extra hard for those blessings!!!

XOXOXO,


Random fact #12- Dr. Seuss coined (created) the word nerd in his 1950 book "If I Ran the Zoo." 

Comment below, or Tweet me @elisewiddis

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Fun to know you have a blog. :-)
    -chellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always blessed to hear what's on your heart and the depth of what God is showing you. I always think, "In spite of her mom's mistakes in raising this daughter, God is doing a marvelous work in her!" God's amazing!

    ReplyDelete